Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Welcome October!! Tomato Tortellini Soup recipe!

Welcome Fall!!!!



I made this recipe on the first day of Fall, even though it was like 80 degrees outside, I wanted soup for fall.


Tomato Tortellini Soup - Yummy!

1 Package (9 oz) refrigerated cheese tortellini
2 Cans (10 3/4 oz each) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
2 cups vegetable broth
2 cups 2% milk
2 cups half and half 
1/2 cup chipped oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Additional Parmesan cheese optional to sprinkle on top

Cook tortellini according to package directions (I think it would be good to cook the tortellini in the broth and tomato soup so there's more flavor in the tortellini).

Meanwhile, in a dutch oven, (I used an 8 quart stockpot since I doubled it.) combine the soup, broth, milk, cream, tomatoes and seasonings. Heat through, stirring frequently.

Drain tortellini and carefully add to soup. (Very slowly, you don't want it to splash on you!) Stir in cheese and sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2 1/2 quarts).

(Source) for recipe






James bought the big package of tortellini, so I decided to double the recipe. Boy did we get a TON of soup. You could easily use twice as much tortellini with the same amount of liquids if you like a lot of STUFF in your soup more than the broth. Which we do, so I think we will do that next time we make it. This recipe would also be good with shrimp. Mmm, so good.  James and I also drove up the canyon last week. The leaves are changing. It's beautiful.

We set the camera on the top of the car with the self timer to get a picture, we're so clever!!




No comments:

Post a Comment