I couldn't help myself, I am madly in love :)
I was a Sophmore in high school, he was a Senior, and I needed a ride to school. My friend that was originally giving me a ride to school couldn't anymore on B days. So he suggested James to give me a ride on those days. James and I had met earlier that summer at a pool party he threw. I was dating one of his friends so it was a casual meeting. I remember that August afternoon as I approached James with at least four other girls already walking with him to ask him for a ride. I caught up with him and embarrassingly asked him if he could give me a ride on B days. His Jeep only had two seats and he was already giving another girl a ride, but he said he could anyway as it was a short way between my house and the high school. I had no problem at the time riding in the back of his jeep, as the other seat was taken by the other girl. Pffff. Yha, yha, I was jealous a little.. haha no hard feelings to the girl of course.
(Most recent trip to Moab, November 2010. I worked my way up to get the front seat :) hahah )
For some background information, an ex boyfriend had recently started talking to me again and we were thinking of going out again. He had broken my heart before, so I was skeptical and wanted to keep a distance so we only remained friends. I wasn't really looking for a boyfriend and didn't even realize I liked James at all until August 28, 2008. I was with this ex boyfriend when my one of my friends called me and asked if I wanted to go to a football game. I wanted a night out so I left my ex and went with her to the game.
We were watching the game from the railing in front of the stands when I got a text message. It said something to the effect of "Way to say hi to me". It was from James so I turned and looked around and there he was on the stands waving to me. He got up with his friends and walked down to us. We began talking for a bit, but then went our separate ways as the game went on. Every time we saw them we would talk a minute and one of the boys could never remember my name, so I kept telling him different names, Emily, Megan, Heather, it was too funny and James enjoyed watching him suffer as he was so confused.
My friend had driven us to the game and she parked in the Burger King parking lot across the street from the high school. At the end of the game we went to get the car, but it had been towed. I asked James if he could give me a ride home and he said he would. James and I all climbed into his Jeep, when his two other friends ran up and jumped in the back. We started driving down the streets with my hair flying as he didn't have his top to his jeep on. (I later found out from James that he was going to try to kiss me that night, so soon I know!! I wouldn't have let him anyway :) But then his friends decided to ride with us, he says he was so upset. What a goofball :) )
We drove down the road listening to the Atreyu remake of the Bon Jovi song You Give Love a Bad Name (I know we are hard core). Of course, with me being a huge Bon Jovi fan, I knew all the words and sang along. I hope he was impressed haha. The next time we hung out, James and and one of his friends boxed each other in James' basement. What a "I want to show off" moment. We even recorded it, and he would kill me if I posted it hahahaha. It was the best. We were slowly hanging out more and moreeee.
Now, you can't forget the ex boyfriend in the background. We were still hanging out, but I was beginning to realize I liked James a lot more. Now, please, please remember that we were not "official" so I wasn't cheating on him with James at all. I was single, and dating around.
Another week or so went by, and it was my friend birthday. I explained to the ex boyfriend my plans for the night and he seemed fine. For her party, we all meet at a close by high school for what I believe was their Homecoming football game, and afterward we would go to her house for a sleepover. I don't remember how it worked out, but James drove me out there to drop me off. He decided he would walk around with me until I found my friend.
James and I were walking around looking for my friend - holding hands. We were walking around for probably ten or fifteen minutes when we got to a point and turned back the other way. It was then that I was face to face with my ex boyfriend, holding hands with James. Can you say awkward?

No comments:
Post a Comment