Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Before and after thrift finds

In my previous post found here I found these pictures of the old shade. I apologize because these are the best pictures I had of it. We (Jam and I) decided to slice our names into the shade. It was dangerous so much fun!

Before



I was also incorrect with where I found two of the three lamps. I found a picture I had taken and sent to James to see what he thought. I got the first two at Savers, not DI. I did find the third lamp at DI a few weeks later and it's practically identical.

BEFORE


They were $8 which is really kinda pricy for me. I do think the one at DI was about $7. All my lamp shades I've gotten for around $2 or $3 which is good I think.

AFTER



Except for this shade. This shade was sooo freaking ugly, I don't see anyone wanting to buy it for $3 and planning on using this shade.

BEFORE


I mean isn't that just hideous? As I was taking it apart cutting it to pieces,  whoever made this, put a lot of work into it. Each strip of fabric was glued to each other, then they hot glued every flower on, as well as the lace.. it just went on and on. Plus it was all on top of the ORIGINAL shade. Wow.

AFTER


Muchhhhh better. Plus it adds four times the light into our room and I have all my lamps covered with my shades (wires)!! Definite plus.


No comments:

Post a Comment