Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thrift find number one.


I bought this lamp shade originally with an actual shade on it. Then I ripped it to pieces! It was originally purple and definitely not cute. The price was $2 at the local deseret industries which was a great deal, plus I got to shred it to pieces!  The hardest thing about taking the shade off was the hot glue around the bottom ring. But it easily came off with my nails. The lamp is also DI which was $7 I found two at the same time and a few weeks later I found a third! (I have great luck finding matching things at DI at different times!) I love this look because it is very industrial/vintage and it lets a lot of light through in our dark room. We have a crappy ceiling fan that takes 40 watt bulbs, not regular bulbs, but the old skinny and long antique looking ones. Fail. But I do love the fan on our crappy light! It keeps our room cool so we don't have to keep our A/C on all night. More thrift finds to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment